Time for an update again! I got blood drawn on Thursday and they said they wouldn't get it to my doctor until Monday. Well Friday I was surprised when I got the call with the results. Once again it didn't work. :(
Good news though - we are starting a new medicine. It is called Femara and it works a lot like Clomid. It is used to help ovulation. We are only trying 1 month of this and they called me in the highest dosage instead of gradually leading to it. I am a little nervous about the effect it will have on me being something new and being so strong but the good news is that since they got the results to me by Friday that I will be taking the medicine during Fall Break when I am off work. That is a huge relief!
I asked my nurse Bethney what happens if this doesn't work either. She said that we will be coming to have a visit with Dr. Craig to determine a game plan. Most likely the next step they usually recommend is injections. These are extremely expensive with lots of risks tagged along. Also it is time consuming - she said it would require us being up there in OKC every 3 days. My stress level went through the roof when I heard that considering now until the end of the year is my busiest time at work.
I talked to Bethney about my blood tests now being rejected by my insurance company because it is even being coded as fertility and she told me that getting that test done there - at the specialty fertility office - is $100 cheaper than here at JCMH! She is trying to find the closest DLO to see what they charge. Hopefully we can find something cheaper since it is having to be done every 4 weeks!
God has really been teaching Justin and I a lot through this. We are really learning about patience and about how waiting on God's timing makes situations so much better. Right now we are praying hard that this round of new medicine works, but if it isn't the right time, we are praying that God gives us the peace and answers to know what we need to do next. So many new decisions are coming if this round doesn't work and we want to make sure that we are right in the middle of God's will. We want a baby very bad, but we want to follow Christ more. Whatever He has planned for our lives, we will be grateful for.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we continue this very long journey. We do still have hope that good things are coming!
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment