The wonderful news is he is developing perfect. He was actually measuring a week ahead of my due date. He weighs 9 oz (normal for how far along I am is 5-7oz). Justin was a big baby (9lbs 4oz) so he may just be taking after his daddy!
Our last appointment we had the Down Syndrome test and the Gestational Diabetes test. Both came back normal. She said I hadn't gained hardly any weight since we last saw her so she expects me to gain this next month. I am surprised I haven't gained because he has really made me start pooching out!!! Thank goodness for maternity clothes!
Also since the last time I posted we had a little scare. About a week and a half ago I started bleeding. It was on a Sunday so we ended up making a trip to the ER out of fear. Everything turned out okay even though the ER visit scared us more because they basically said it may be a miscarriage and only time will tell. We did call our dr the next morning and she was out for a few days but talked to her on-call doctor and he took my worries away and said I was not having a miscarriage. Basically what the ER doctor told us is what what would be true of someone early in pregnancy, but considering how far along I was the symptoms would be different for a miscarriage.
Today at our appointment she said she hadn't heard about my bleeding (which we were surprised about). You could tell it bothered her. She checked me out and made sure things looked okay today and they did. The other doctor had told me I could bleed a lot more than I did before I called anyone out of concern but she advised us different today. She said any amount of blood I need to call her because she wants to know and if it is a weekend I need to go to the ER in Lawton. She wasn't trying to scare us but wants us to be near her if something happens. She is OVERLY cautious with me, but with how nervous we get at every little thing because of what we went through, I like her being cautious. She isn't going to treat us how most doctors would treat normal patients, she is trained to be on high alert at all times. She gave me restrictions for the next few weeks just to make sure the bleeding doesn't start back.
We are really liking Dr. Lennon. She is very good at what she does and you can tell she knows what she is doing. It is easy to trust her and I really like that fact. I still miss OU and Dr. Craig but I really think God placed us with Dr. Lennon for a reason.
Even though we didn't get many good pictures today, I cannot write a blog without sharing one! I think the only picture appropriate for today would be a picture of him kicking since that is what he does all the time! So here is his foot in the air during a kick.
Have you ever seen such a cute little leg/foot?
I cannot feel these kicks yet but should within the next few weeks. As she was listening to his heart on the doppler she heard him kick. She was surprised I didn't feel it because of the force in the sound! It may be a painful few months when I start feeling this little guy kicking!!!
That is all the update for now. For the first time in a LONG time we do not have another appointment for a full month! Not sure what life is like without seeing a doctor more often but we are soooo grateful to be at this point. In the meantime we(meaning Justin doing all the hard stuff and me buying all the cute stuff!) are working on his nursery and I bet the next update will be about that!
J & M
No comments:
Post a Comment