I haven’t posted in a while because life has been crazy!
We had a wonderful baby shower at my work! We got so many things and feel overly blessed to have so many sweet people in our life!
I have been fighting some sickness the past week. I have had a head cold and a cough and went to the doctor. He gave me a Z-Pack and it seems to be helping slowly. While at the doctor they took my blood pressure and pulse and both were high. They made me come back that afternoon to check again. It was still high so they had me give a urine sample to test my protein and while we waited on results they had me lay in a room with the lights off for about 30 minutes and just rest. They kept coming in and checking on me and finally checked my blood pressure and pulse and it had gone down. My urine also came back ok so they let me go. If it wouldn’t have they were going to send me to Lawton to Dr. Lennon. Dr. Sheets really thinks that the Sudafed I took that morning is what made both go high. It is on my approved medicine list, but it does have that reaction he said. That was a little bit of a scare, but all turned out well!
I go back to Dr. Lennon tomorrow. I think she will start wanting to see me every week from here on out. I will be 35 weeks pregnant this week – 5 weeks left!
Last time I went to Dr. Lennon 2 weeks ago she checked and told me he had turned head down in the correct position to be born. He is getting ready! I have been feeling uncomfortable as he grows. I can feel every move he makes and with him getting so big there isn’t much room for him to move. I think a few times he has found different organs inside and started pulling on them just to see what would happen and it hurt! :)
Last night Justin was watching him just move all in my tummy and he would push a little at him and he would push him right back. He did it for at least 10 minutes. It is so cool that he is interacting with us.
We are getting ready. We were told to already have our hospital bag packed a few weeks back just in case but we just haven’t had the time. We went yesterday and bought all the things we need to pack my bag and the baby bag so that we are ready whenever this little boy gets ready. It is nice knowing that everything is in order so we don’t have to stress (more than we will be) when that time comes.
I cannot believe it is almost January and he is due in January. It use to feel like a while away but it is so near now. Of course I am getting scared a little bit, but I am also very ready for it to be here. Lots of people told me that God lets you be pregnant for 9 months so that you are so ready for the baby to come out that you do not get as scared of the labor. I am there for sure!
Please keep praying for this sweet little boy. He has a big few weeks coming up as he finishes off his development in my body and then gets to come into this crazy world. Please pray for a safe and healthy delivery and for the doctors that they have the knowledge to do what is best for him at each moment. Please keep Justin in your prayers. As excited as he is, I know he is very nervous as well making sure that both the baby and I are ok all the time. He goes above and beyond to do anything he can to make this as easy on me as possible. He is so excited to meet this little boy and I know when I go into labor he will be stressed. He is a fixer and it will be hard on him to not be able to take pain from me. And please keep me in your prayers. I have lots of fears about the labor and delivery part. I think a lot of it is just fear of the unknown. My body obviously doesn’t have a good track record with doing things normal so I am just praying hard that this is one thing that it does right so that this little boy come out healthy and safe.
Thank you all so much for caring about us the way you do. We couldn’t ask for better friends!
J&M
No comments:
Post a Comment