I cannot believe that this week I am 37 weeks pregnant – which is technically full term! What a journey and what a blessing to make it this far!
This has without a doubt been the most stressful week of the year! Work has been crazy busy and I am so thankful that this little boy cooperated and didn’t come out this week! I will admit that as crazy as it sounds I was trying to talk and barter with an unborn child into waiting to come until this week is over. Thankfully he pushed through the stress of the week with me and held on! He is already my little trooper!
As of tonight all of our bags (Mine, Baby and some things for Justin) for the hospital are officially packed and ready. We had his bag packed and stuff for my bag bought, but we just hadn’t had time to sit down and get it all together and in the car. We for sure have way too much stuff, but with us delivering in Lawton we wanted to make sure we had more than we needed instead of not enough! We have the cars seat in the car as well ready for him. So now whenever he is ready we just have to head out the door!
We got his room all organized again today. We still had some stuff from the shower not put up so we went through it all today and got it ready. We bought a shelf for our bathroom to put all of his stuff on for bath time and got all of that organized. We made one last bulk purchase to finish off getting everything we still needed for him. So everything is checked off the list and now we are just waiting on him to come!
I have been feeling VERY pregnant. I have had cramps, Braxton Hicks contractions, feelings of I just can’t get comfortable whether I am sitting in a chair or lying in bed, and have had a very upset stomach for over a week. Just all the normal feelings I am sure women feel when they are close to having a baby. The past couple days I have been able to just relax and keep my feet up and it has really been helpful. Not only has it helped keep my swelling down, but it has just helped my body relax and handle some of these pains. Warm jet baths have been so wonderful too!
I go back to Dr. Lennon this week and she will check my cervix. We will start going weekly from here on out and she has scheduled an ultrasound for the 16th to see how big this little guy is. I just cannot believe that it is January and January is the month of his due date! We are so excited!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment